Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So It's Been A Year!

It has officially been a year since I last blogged. It is a combination of me being a slacker and just being busy with work, school and family. A lot has changed in the past year, and even though things are not as great as many would like, I know that I have much to be thankful for. I graduated from the University of Florida last week and my wife and I are expecting another member of the family in December. I still have a decent job and now have a little time to spend with my family and friends, so I am truly blessed.

I am also able to spend time with Bryleigh on my day off, which is just a wonderful experience. It is amazing to see how much she learns and grows each day. Yesterday was a particularly good day because she did something she has never done before. I was lying down and she came over and started crawling on me and pretending I was a horse. Then she got right in my face and kissed my on the cheek and said “I Love Daddy”. That is the very first time she has done that to either of us. My wife is quite jealous, but she will get over it.

So even though the near future does not look great in economic terms, I am very excited for what it holds for my family and me. We all have much to be thankful for and we should not let circumstances dictate how we feel. So let’s choose to be content with our circumstances and make this a great year, despite what the media or others may tell us.

2 comments:

Stacy Back said...

Quite jealous?? You're funny! It was sweet she said that to you without prompting. I'm sure my day will be soon. She's still a mommy's girl though (for now). :) I love you! So glad you have graduated!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, what a crazy little blog. You are a softy. That beautiful little girl of yours is definitely the best reason to be a softy! I'm looking forward to having my little boy say I love you daddy. Awesome and welcome back to the blogging world.