Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

So today starts my first vacation in at least two years. Not that I am going away or doing anything special, but it is a week with no work and no school that I can spend just being with my family and getting a few things done around the house. I guess I might even have more time to blog, but I probably will not be any more consistent because I have a full week planned.

Besides being Cinco de Mayo, today is also the birthday of my niece Taylor. I want to wish her a very happy birthday and to congratulate Stacy’s sister Tara and her husband Eric on making it through the first year. I know they have done a great job and should be very proud. Taylor is six weeks older than Bryleigh, but lives in Louisiana so they do not get to see much of each other. Even being in Louisiana though, I am sure that Taylor is a Gator fan at heart.

We spent our Cinco de Mayo hanging out with friends at Barnies cappy hour, (aka frozen coffee freezers), and then watching Dancing with the Stars on the big screen. Even though we do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo the traditional way, we have much more to celebrate because we have been blessed to have such great friends.

Hope everyone has a great week. I know I will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Great friends especially like the Back's are good to have. Give Bryleigh a hug from her uncle D-Lo.

Anonymous said...

You are too sweet. Can't believe the babies are already a year (almost a year for Bry)! It's gone by too fast....and now I am ready for another one! :) SO glad you are off this week----yay!